Good to know
Custom fitted in ears
The perfect imprint of your ear ensures perfectly fitting In-Ears. Therefore, during the ordering process, you will receive our instructions for the optimal impression taking. This concerns the HL2, HL3, HL5, HL6 and HL7 series. Please hand the instructions over to your acoustician. If you do not have one yet, you can find one of our more than 2,500 partner acousticians in your area here: www.hoerluchs.com/en/service/store-locator. Only by working according to this manual and making accurate prints can you be sure to get accurate and optimal otoplastics for your In-Ears.
To ensure the optimal fit and sound of the customised headphone, your acoustician must consider some important points:
- Your acoustician must use the material with the highest possible precision. Optimally suitable for this is the impression material HL soft. Equally suitable are the impression materials Dreve Otoform A and Detax addition nano / supra plus.
- The impression must copy the concha completely and without bubbles. It is important to note that helix, crus helicis, tragus and antitragus are fully displayed. Your acoustician knows these terms and knows exactly how deep to go with the material. IMPORTANT: The length of the molded ear canal must be at least to the 2nd auditory canal crease.
- The impression should never be edited or trimmed after finishing the impression.
- The material must sit absolutely snugly in the ear! Make sure that the impression is made with your mouth open. Do not make chewing motions while the impression is being made! It is best to use a bite block, for example made of styrofoam. Especially if you have pronounced jaw movements, make sure that your acoustician ensures optimal sealing in every jaw position, as otherwise the sound impression constantly changes.
Especially if you have pronounced jaw movements, make sure that your acoustician ensures optimal sealing in every jaw position, as otherwise the sound impression constantly changes.
- A good fit and the perfect sound can only be guaranteed if your acoustician works as described here. In the event of failure to comply with the above points, we cannot guarantee the fit and sound.
- You must pay the cost of the prints unless you have agreed otherwise with us. The cost of taking the impression varies from acoustician to acoustician. It makes sense to make a price comparison beforehand.
- After taking the impression, please send the impressions to Hörluchs Hearing GmbH & Co. KG, Bergseestr. 10, 91227 Hersbruck, Germany. As you are responsible for transport and delivery, please make sure that the sensitive prints are stable and neatly packed. Please do not forget to include your exact contact details and order number. You have to carry the cost of impression and shipping unless we agree otherwise.
These series are custom fitted
Our audiologists have analysed hundreds of ear impressions, the positions of the sound outlet and the seals in the ear canal to develop the perfect shape, the so-called Universal Design. We have designed it so that it sits perfectly in the ear.
If you set your sights on high accuracy and unmatched superior comfort, you should choose our customised ear moulds. An ear impression is first made using digital 3D technology.
They are available in either LPH (insulation value max. 32 dB) or biocompatible silicone (insulation value max. 35 dB).
Note: When customizing, it is necessary to have an audiologist make impressions of your ear canal beforehand and send them to us.